27 January 2007

The little things

You know... it's the little things that matter. It's the little things that can change a normal day into something else, better or worse... it's the small stuff that can turn one hell of a day completely upside-down, and it's the little things that can make you by the end of the day think: YEAH!

So, today... I don't know what to think.

First of all, I wanted to write all my 3 very important essays and worry about other things tomorrow. But no... I had to write only 1 and 1/10... and it's the little stuff that made that plan only a naive dream. When I was in the middle of my inspiration flow... mom called that we all (meaning me and my li'l bro) have to help her go shopping. Well... I can't fight her really, you know? Sometimes family's about having fun,. and sometimes it's just about living it through... So... by 4.30 pm my education time was over.

It wasn't that bad. First of all, we got to eat dinner at a really good Chinese restaurant! Yes, perhaps this might shock you, but here in Poland, it's hard to find really good quality Chinese. And this was really... mwa! Masterpiece! After that... why we were so happy and energetic, we went to Carrefour. Me and my bro ended up fighting over the shopping cart, and later agreed to share it. After that we decided to make things a little more interesting and pushed the cart hopping on one foot.

But the real treat is this: we finally took care of things. We borrowed (yes, I am not mistaken, borrowed not bought... that's the way it is) a router for wireless Internet access. It doesn't change much though... my bro has a computer computer, meaning it's at the same place, his Nintendo Wii picks up the signal but claims that WiiChannel has nothing to offer (more or less the exact cite), mom still doesn't have her laptop, so she doesn't benefit at all for now, and as for me... I am the luckiest in all this.

The only way I can contact my prince charming is via the Internet. Our time difference is 9 hours. So, basically, when I wake up at 6 am, it's 9 pm at his place. That's the usual time we get to talk... Up 'till this point, I was connected to a router via LAN cable, which had 10 meters, and was long enough to reach my desk, and nowhere beyond that. So every morning, I woke up and had to sit, still sleepy, to talk to my dearest. Usually that's fine... but sometimes it's so hard to get up...

...now I can wake up, turn on the computer, put it on my night table, and chat with him laying in bed. Oh! The perspective is just fantastic... So I guess it's this little thing that makes this day a good one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Little Things - that's a song by Alice Cooper.


Supermenka

Supermenka
Don't tell me I didn't save your day!!!
... and as the great and mighty Holly once said:
Appreciate what you've got, because basically: I'm fantastic!